Electronic Patient Diaries
The use of electronic diaries is supported by scientific research that shows memory recall of an event is often unreliable and laden with inaccuracies, further supporting the use of ePRO and eCOA versus traditional paper diaries or interviewing techniques.
Patients are automatically notified when diaries are available and are reminded when to complete as well as HOW and WHEN to contact an Investigator – should symptoms change.
Structured data input fields ensure real-time point of entry data validation where data must be entered consistently, completely and within the specified data ranges set forth in the study.
Researchers can access real time data to assess compliance and automated algorithms can detect symptom changes to proactively detect clinically significant events. i.e. COPD Exacerbations.
"The ease of use and simplicity of the device, allowed us to achieve compliance rate of 95% in a multi-centre, multi-country trial." Kim, St. Joseph's Hospital, Hamilton, ON
HealthDiary ePRO Features
The HealthDiary ePRO system uses specially designed Tablet or Mobile phone devices for instant data capture and transfer to a centralized data center from anywhere in the world.
Benefits of HealthDiary ePRO:
- Automatic data transfer to the study centre
- Easy to use navigation screens
- Secure – SSL Encrypted Communication
- Controlled by central management servers
- No data stored on the device itself
- Instant access to eDiary data
- Compliant, secure, and easily approved by REB
- Available in multiple languages and time zones
- Proven and tested in 26 countries